UX-design and UI-design are two completely different concepts that exist separately, but are closely related. Without them, it is impossible to do without them in the development of the site, as they are crucial to the end result.
In general, User Experience Design (UX) is an analytical and technical part of the development. User Interface Design (UI) - this is a detailed study and visual solution for the interface of the site.
The main tasks of UX-design
The term literally means "user experience". In other words, UX-design is a work that aims to ensure effective and convenient interaction between the user and the application or web resource interface.
The main task of the designer when developing the interface is that the user was pleasant and convenient to use the site and navigate through it. This means that it is the UX-designer who is responsible for building the future architecture of the future site, starting from the moment of thinking about its overall structure and ending with the elaboration of the smallest details of all sections.
To the tasks of the UX-designer in the development of the site also include:
- Working out the goals and objectives of the client, that is, the specialist needs to determine how these goals can be achieved.
- The choice of the necessary UX-tools, which will be required when creating a design. To such tools concern various programs and specialised services which are focused on the decision of a certain problem.
- Working out of a prototype (sketch) of the future Internet resource taking into account wishes of the client and the chosen tools.
- Design interaction and product testing for compliance with "user experience", that is, the designer thinks about how the visitor will use the site.
What is UI-design?
If User Experience Design is a web resource skeleton, then User Interface Design is already a process of detailed filling of this skeleton and its visualization.
When solving a task, the specialist follows the following rules:
- Creation of logic structure and maintenance of communication between all elements of the interface. A typical example of such work is a product card in an online store. If a visitor can freely add an item to the cart and then return to the item he was viewing, the UI-designer worked correctly. In the absence of such a possibility, the design usually needs to be modified.
- All elements need to be grouped into sections, and the menu of the site should have either vertical or horizontal execution.
- Alignment of all the elements, for which the designer must distinguish themselves in the typography of the website, know the rules of the "golden section", as well as be able to apply it in practice.
- Providing a combination of all the elements of the site by color.
Also in the development of UI-design specialist should ensure that all pages of the site and its individual elements were maintained in a uniform style.
The duties of the UI-designer includes a detailed study of the placement of each element. He must have a clear idea of where to locate, for example, the navigation buttons, the entrance to the personal cabinet, know what color is better to make the buttons. It is these little things are crucial to the impression of users of the site and the ease of use.
In most cases, the UX/UI design is the responsibility of a single expert, which allows you to control the development process and more quickly implement the project. The result of the designers' work is the user's emotions, which determine how long a person will stay on the site and how much he will trust the information posted on the web resource. It means that the level of trust in the brand and offered goods and services directly depends on the quality of UX/UI design.
Need to order UX/UI design in Minsk or other cities? Contact the digital agency Straut & Skobelev, whose specialists solve complex problems and are ready to implement even the most original projects.