What is branding? Brand and branding are the same thing? What is it for? These questions are posed by people who have decided that they want to set up their own business or promote an existing one. So, let's take it one way or another.
Branding is a set of measures aimed at developing a trademark, making a product recognizable and promoting it in the market.
Brand - associations, emotions that arise in the buyer, when mentioning the product.
Advantages of your own brand:
- Awareness, the more people have come across your brand, the sooner they will remember it when they want to buy a product;
- The merchantability will increase the value of the product, because the famous brands are valued higher;
- The level of expertise is higher, because the buyer will listen better to the popular firm.
What is branding?
Branding is not only about drawing a logo design. Of course, you still need to come up with your own color, print business cards, perhaps add pens or notebooks with a brand name. However, this is a small part of a complex puzzle.
Branding is the way people see your company. The designer can create a corporate identity that reflects the brand, but not the brand itself. To begin with, the company must answer the main strategic branding questions:
- What is the company for?
- What is the target audience?
- What are the key values?
- What makes their product unique?
- What is the unique selling proposition?
Designer agencies can help with these questions. Straut&Skobelev web studio will develop a visual concept and corporate identity.
To understand what branding is, let's look at the example of the famous Bosch company. The company has existed for over 130 years. The quality and popularity of this product is not becoming less. Brand products do not need strong advertising, but many want to buy them. The company's principle "Better to lose money than trust" has become a motto that inspires trust and respect. Bosch produces goods in 4 areas:
- home appliances
- car equipment
- means of production
- communication devices
Having occupied such a huge niche, the company has gained popularity in all these areas. Their logo, corporate identity, product design is recognized by both housewife and car mechanic. Bosch cares not only about the quality of the product, but also about the environment (annually about 100 million euros is spent for these purposes), which gives the company authority and shows a good example of competent branding.
Everything that Bosch does is designed to maintain brand identity and increase recognition. The company's turnover in 2018 amounted to 78.5 billion euros.
Bosch is an example of excellent branding. Glory goes ahead of the company. Branding has formed a certain level of customer expectations. Part of their strategy is to "create technology developed for life".
Branding is an important part of any business. It is one of the main steps in marketing strategy. Many novice companies believe that they can easily do it themselves. As well as to create a corporate identity. But you won't disassemble your laptop if you've never done it, will you? You will take it to a specialist.
Work with branding can be divided into stages:
- Market analysis. Determine the idea, look at the products of competitors, assess demand, identify the target audience.
- Brand design. This stage may include the development of a logo, corporate style, creation of a website, etc.
- Brand promotion. Measures to increase awareness and attract customers. Advertising, seo site promotion, smm (promotion in social networks).
- Efficiency assessment. This work is carried out continuously at all stages. Efficiency of events is analyzed, new products are launched, etc.
Let's sum up. Branding - life and soul of the company. Your goals, work on the project, results. Combining all the activities with your design. Branding achieves respect of customers, it is not always directed on direct fast sale. It has been working for you for years and convinces potential customers to turn to you for services, get a job or buy something. One of the main tasks of branding is to evoke people's emotions and remember your brand.